- 1 large sweet onion
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1lb lean ground beef
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons BBQ sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup crushed Rice Chex or panko bread crumbs (recipe will not be GF if using panko)
- 2oz low-fat cheddar cheese, cut into 1/4″ cubes
- Cut onion in half then each half into thin slices. Melt butter in a large skillet or pot over medium heat then add onion and a dash of salt. Cook, stirring every couple of minutes, until onions are golden brown and caramelized, about 20 minutes. Turn heat down if onions start to burn. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a large bowl combine ground beef, egg, Worcestershire sauce, 2 Tablespoons BBQ sauce, panko bread crumbs, dash of pepper, cheese cubes, and caramelized onions, then mix until just combined. Divide mixture into 4 equal-sized portions then form into loaves on a foil-lined, non-stick-sprayed baking sheet. Spread 1 Tablespoon BBQ sauce over each loaf then bake for 20 minutes, or until no longer pink in the center.
Hi everyone, it has been awhile sense I wrote a blog. I was thinking about all those moms out there getting the kids ready to go back to school. Here is a recipe I fond that would be a nice hearty meal for the first night before school. I hope you like it ,this will give your kids brain power to get back into the scheduled of classes and meeting new and old friends.I hope you enjoy this recipe. I made it for my girlfriends kids and they went crazy for it.! 🙂